DelNATO Mission Statement
We are a diverse group of constituents working to encourage U.S., Israeli, and Palestinian policies that actively promote a just, enduring, and comprehensive resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ensuring equal rights, security and freedom for all the people of the region. While we also call for equal rights, security and freedom throughout the world, as U.S. residents and taxpayers our group is concerned specifically with ending our country’s effective support of Israel’s almost 50 year occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem, and the resulting violations of human rights and international law. The U.S. enables the occupation by giving Israel over $3 billion of unconditional military aid per year, military technology, and loan guarantees, and generally exercising its veto in the UN Security Council.
WE CALL FOR:
• an end to Israel’s occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem, beginning with an immediate freeze on the construction and expansion of settlements and removal of checkpoints and walls/fences beyond the "Green Line." At the decision of Palestinians, this should be followed by evacuation, removal, or integration of settlements. These demands are supported by, and call for, the implementation of international law and past UN Security Council resolutions;
• equal rights and one law for all people living in the occupied territories, including equal civil and political rights. All should have equal rights now - not someday based on future negotiations, but as a fundamental human right today. We call for an END to: demolition of Palestinian homes, severe restrictions on building permits, confiscation of Palestinian land, inequitable distribution of water, destruction of Palestinian agriculture, incarceration and indefinite detention of non-violent protestors, segregated Israeli-only roads, and military law and military courts for Palestinians while Jewish settlers live under civilian law and civilian courts;
● equal rights and one law for all citizens of Israel;
• a resolution of the Palestinian refugee problem consistent with international law and equity, whether refugees choose to pursue return, resettlement, or compensation;
• an end to violence against all civilians; and,
• a U.S. foreign policy based on promoting equal rights and respect for international law. Specifically, we call for the U.S. to link the exercise of its Security Council veto and grant of military aid to Israel’s compliance with international law in ending its occupation; to enforce the U.S. Arms Export Control Act and the U.S. Foreign Assistance Act; and to remove the tax-exempt status of U.S. groups funding the maintenance or construction of settlements.
Our activities include participation in boycotts and divestment focusing on entities which profit from or help to sustain the occupation; public education and programs; coordinated calls and outreach to our Congressional representatives; and development of alliances with other groups in order to increase our effectiveness.